Our Alternative Cricket Tea is set to take place on Saturday 16 May at The Cloudfm County Ground. The Club will be collecting food donations between 10am-12pm, in support of the Chelmsford Foodbank.
This is aiming to provide help for people within our community who are experiencing a crisis and we’re asking Members, supporters and local residents to donate what they can during these difficult times. Chelmsford Foodbank is understandably experiencing high demand for food and basic amenities.
A small team of volunteers will be helping during the morning and assisting visitors where possible. All vehicles will be guided on arrival down the main driveway to ensure that the process is straightforward and most importantly, safe.
Dropping Off By Foot:
• If you live locally and can drop any items by foot, then kindly do so by entering via the Main Gate on New Writtle Street. A volunteer will be on hand to take the items from you.
Dropping Off By Car:
• On arrival at The Cloudfm County Ground, a volunteer will guide you down the main driveway to the Members Gate in front of the Doug Insole Pavilion. If their is another car already at the drop-off point then please remain in your car and wait to be directed.
• Once you arrive at the drop-off point, please kindly exit your vehicle and open the boot of your car. A volunteer will then take the items out of your car and store them safe.
• You will then be guided away from the drop-off point using the one-way system and exiting through the Club car park.
All volunteers will be supplied with PPE and those in different households will be maintaining social distancing at all times.
Thank you for your support during these testing times and your donations will go a long way to helping those in need.
• Sponge puddings
• Instant mashed potato
• Fruit Juice – Long Life
• Tinned rice pudding
• Custard powder
• Tinned meat
• UHT milk
• Bottle of squash
• Shaving foam and razors
• Ladies deodrant
• Hand wash/liquid soap
• Men’s deodrant
• Small/medium washing powder
• Washing up liquid
• Anti-bacterial surface cleaner
• Nappies (size 4)
• Permanent marker pens (black)
• Toilet paper
• Multipack snacks
We are also pleased to announce that this campaign is being supported by a number of cricket clubs across the region, who are getting involved to support their local Foodbank.
Other food collections taking place:
Saturday 16 May
• Brentwood Cricket Club
• Frenford Cricket Club
• Great Totham Cricket Club
• Harold Wood Cricket Club
• Old Chelmsfordians Cricket Club
• Wanstead & Snaresbrook Cricket Club
• West Mersea Cricket Club
Friday 22 May
• Barking Cricket Club, 6pm-8pm
Saturday 30 May
• Rainham Cricket Club, 12pm-3:30pm
Would your Club like to host an Alternative Cricket Tea in the future? Get in touch with our community team ([email protected]) for further information.