Following the next stage of the Government Roadmap, we are pleased to welcome back all Members to The Cloudfm County Ground on Tuesday as Essex Eagles take on Cambridgeshire in this year’s National Counties match.
The ground will be operating under a 2,000 crowd as we build up to full seated capacity in the Royal London Cup, which begins later this week. It will be the first opportunity since 2019 that we can open the doors to the Doug Insole Pavilion with a section of the benches also available for Members.
Play will begin at 2pm for the 50-over match and Members can enter the ground as part of the 2021 Membership by scanning their card on the gates.
Public Tickets are available but must be purchased in advance and no tickets will be on sale on the gates. These are priced at just £5 Adults and £1 Juniors.
Scheduled Hours of Play
Game Begins: 2pm First Innings: 2pm-5:30pm Second Innings: 6:15pm-9:45pm
AHEAD OF YOUR VISIT:
We want to make sure supporters are all set ahead of visiting the ground. We continue to work closely with the Chelmsford City Council Safety Advisory Group, Chelmsford Trading Standards, and the ECB to ensure that games can operate safely whilst continuing to mitigate against the risk of COVID-19 within the new guidelines.
We must stress that COVID-19 numbers are continuing to rise and please do not travel to the ground if you have any symptoms and follow the Government guidelines.
View our checklist to make sure you have everything ready:
• Supporters who have purchased tickets can enter the ground by scanning the QR on your tickets that has been sent to you via email following your purchase. If you choose to print it out please ensure that the match details (including name and seat details) are included as per the image below. Make sure you have your match ticket available on your phone or printed out so it is easily accessible for ticket scanning on arrival. Please do not take a ‘screen grab’ of your QR code as that will not be read by the scanners.
• Pack adequate clothing and sun protection as required with hot weather forecast on Tuesday for this fixture.
• Locate a public car park in the proximity of the ground as there is no parking available on-site at The Cloudfm County Ground.
• The High Chelmer multi-storey will be operating extended opening hours to supporters and closes at 11pm.
• Meteor Way will be open for Members today from 11am on a first-come, first-served basis.
Spectators are able to enter the ground via the Main Gate located on New Writtle Street or through the Tees River Gate.
• Members: The Doug Insole Pavilion is open for Members upon the presentation of a valid Membership card and accessible by entering the ground through the Main Gate.
The Members’ seated areas are located in the Pavilion Benches, Tom Pearce Stand and Areas 11-14 in the River End of the ground. Members are also welcome to sit in the Aon Stand which is accessible via the Hayes Close Gate.
• General Public Seating: Ticket holders for this game are welcome to sit in the Unallocated Areas numbered 18-26, which includes covered seating in Areas 22-24.
Wheelchair-accessible seating is located in Areas 1 and 30 and can be allocated by contacting the Membership and Ticketing Office in advance (01245 254010).
Moving Around the Ground:
• We kindly request that masks continue to be worn when moving around The Cloudfm County Ground. You will not be required to wear a mask when seated.
• We also ask that spectators try and keep to social distancing where possible although The Club recognise that this is not always practical nor possible.
• Additional hand sanitisation stations and toilet facilities will continue to be in place for the remainder of the season.
• Whilst restrictions continue to be lifted, the threat of COVID-19 has not yet disappeared. We ask all spectators to take a common-sense approach when moving around The Cloudfm County Ground.
• Spectators are permitted to move behind the Doug Insole Pavilion but please respect the players’ area and walkway. We also ask that spectators do not request autographs or photos with players are required to remain socially distant.
• Toilets are located across The Cloudfm County Ground with wheelchair accessible by the main scoreboard, River End and rear of the Doug Insole Pavilion.
• The Club Store and Membership & Ticketing Office will be closed for the duration of your visit, however, you can make an order online at www.essexcricketshop.co.uk or contact [email protected]
Food & Drink:
• The Doug Insole Pavilion will be welcoming Members back through its doors and there will be a wide range of hot and cold drinks available from the bar. A choice of snacks will also be on sale.
• Anne’s Pantry returns for this fixture and the Royal London Cup campaign offering a choice of home-cooked meals, cakes/snacks, and drinks from their refreshment kiosks located in the Hayes Close End and River End.
• Other refreshment kiosks include bars area located at either end of the ground in County Corner and Spinner’s Bar.
• Spectators can bring food and drink into the ground for this fixture. A limit of four cans of beer/lager or one bottle of wine per person but there is strictly no glass or sharps objects permitted into the ground.
• Please note that The Cloudfm County Ground is now a cashless ground for 2021, so please make sure you bring a suitable method of payment for your visit.
Leaving the Ground:
At the conclusion of the day’s play, we ask spectators leave the ground in a safe and patient manner. Stewards will be on hand to help direct you safely out of the ground.
We hope you have an enjoyable visit to The Cloudfm County Ground and further information regarding the match, including squad announcements and a full match preview will be available on essexcricket.org.uk ahead of the match.
Get in touch with us by email if you have any further questions at [email protected] or via the Club’s official Twitter and Facebook channels.