website maker The LV= Insurance County Championship returns to Chelmsford for one final time this season for the visit of Northamptonshire.
There’s still all to play for with the chance to clinch the Division Two trophy and repeat the feat we achieved in 2016.
The ground will be operating a fully seated capacity for the match with a split of Unallocated Members and Public seating.
Members are welcome to use Doug Insole Pavilion with a section of the benches also available.
The LV= Insurance County Championship is part of the 2021 Membership and the capacity for Members’ entry into the ground will remain unrestricted for these fixtures.
Members are not required to purchase a ticket in advance and can enter the ground using their 2021 Membership card.
General Public tickets are on sale now and must be purchased in advance. Please note that tickets for all remaining games will not be available to purchase on the gates.
Scheduled Hours of Play:
Game Begins: 10:30am Morning Session: 10:30am-12:30pm Afternoon Session: 1:15pm-3:15pm Evening Session: 3:30pm-5:30pm
Day One of the match will be an opportunity to give Club legend, Ryan ten Doeschate a fitting send-off after he announced his retirement following 19 seasons at the Club.
Tendo has confirmed that he has played his final match for the Club and won’t be featuring against Northamptonshire but will be joining us for a special presentation.
Ahead of your visit:
We want to make sure supporters are all set ahead of visiting the ground. We continue to work closely with the Chelmsford City Council Safety Advisory Group, Chelmsford Trading Standards, and the ECB to ensure that games can operate safely whilst continuing to mitigate against the risk of COVID-19 within the new guidelines.
We must stress that COVID-19 is still prevalent. Spectators are not required to present an NHS COVID-19 pass or negative lateral flow test but please do not travel to the ground if have tested positive or have any symptoms and follow the Government guidelines.
In the event of adverse weather conditions on the day of the match, please keep up to date with the prospects of play via the Club’s Twitter and Facebook channels or from our automated phone line on 01245 254049.
The Cloudfm County Ground is now a cashless ground for 2021, so please make sure you bring a suitable method of payment for your visit. Find out more – here
• Spectators travelling by car will need to locate a public car park in the proximity of the ground as there is no parking available on-site at The Cloudfm County Ground.
• The High Chelmer multi-storey will be open across all four days and closes at 6pm on Sunday and 10pm during the week.
• Meteor Way will be open for Members and open three hours before the start of play and on a first-come, first-served basis.
Spectators are able to enter the ground via the Main Gate located on New Writtle Street or through the Tees River Gate.
• Members: The Doug Insole Pavilion is open for Members upon the presentation of a valid Membership card and accessible by entering the ground through the Main Gate.
• Members are not required to pre-book a match ticket and can enter by scanning their Membership card on the gate. If you require a replacement card, please get in contact with the Membership & Ticketing Office before the fixture to arrange a replacement or this may cause delays on entry for you and other spectators.
• Entry to this fixture are included in 2021 Membership and encourage Members to arrive in plenty of time to secure your seat. All seating for these games is Unallocated and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Renewing Members from the 2020 season are entitled to bring one complimentary guest for this match. This will simply require a ‘double tap’ of the Membership card and a ticket does not need to be purchased in advance.
• The Members’ seated areas are located in the Doug Insole Pavilion Benches, Tom Pearce Stand, and Areas 11-14 in the River End of the ground. Members are also welcome to sit in the Aon Stand which is accessible via the Hayes Close Gate.
• In the event of rain forecast on the day of the match, spectators can bring a small umbrella into the ground but metal spiked umbrellas are not permitted.
• General Public Seating:
• Supporters who have purchased tickets can enter the ground by scanning the QR on your tickets that has been sent to you via email following your purchase. If you choose to print out your ticket, please ensure that the match details (including name and seat details) are included as per the image below. Make sure you have your match ticket available on your phone or printed out so it is easily accessible for ticket scanning on arrival. Please do not take a ‘screen grab’ of your QR code as that will not be read by the scanners.
• Ticket holders for this game are welcome to sit in the Unallocated Areas numbered 15-26, which includes covered seating in Areas 22-24.
• Wheelchair-accessible seating is located in Areas 1 and 30 and can be allocated by contacting the Membership and Ticketing Office in advance (01245 254010).
Moving Around the Ground:
• We kindly request that masks continue to be worn when moving around The Cloudfm County Ground. You will not be required to wear a mask when seated.
• We also ask that spectators try and keep to social distancing where possible although The Club recognise that this is not always practical nor possible.
• Additional hand sanitisation stations and toilet facilities will continue to be in place for the remainder of the season.
• Whilst restrictions continue to be lifted, the threat of COVID-19 has not yet disappeared. We ask all spectators to take a common-sense approach when moving around The Cloudfm County Ground.
• Spectators are permitted to move behind the Doug Insole Pavilion but please respect the players’ area and walkway. We also ask that spectators do not request autographs or photos with players who are required to remain socially distant.
• Toilets are located across The Cloudfm County Ground with wheelchair accessible by the main scoreboard, River End and rear of the Doug Insole Pavilion.
• The Club Store and Membership & Ticketing Office will be open for spectators for the duration of your visit.
If you experience any anti-social or discriminatory behaviour during your visit to The Cloudfm County Ground then, please contact your nearest steward. Alternatively, you can text ‘CROWD’ including your stand and issue to 60070.
Food & Drink:
• The Doug Insole Pavilion will be welcoming Members back through its doors and there will be a wide range of hot and cold drinks available from the bar. A choice of snacks will also be on sale.
*The Members’ Restaurant will not be available for the 2021 season
• Anne’s Pantry returns for this fixture and the Royal London Cup campaign offering a choice of home-cooked meals, cakes/snacks, and drinks from their refreshment kiosks located in the Hayes Close End and River End.
Anne Pantry Menu:
Bacon Rolls, Gourmet Burgers (vegan burger option available), Bratwurst (Veganwurst option available), Chips, Pies, Chinese Chicken Curry, Chicken & Chorizo Paella (Vegan Paella option available), Crisps, Cake. We welcome supporters with varied diets and can offer gluten-free & dairy-free options.
• Other refreshment kiosks include bars area located at either end of the ground in County Corner and Spinner’s Bar.
• Spectators can bring food and drink into the ground for this fixture. A limit of four cans of beer/lager or one bottle of wine per person but there’s strictly no glass or sharp objects permitted into the ground.
• Please note that The Cloudfm County Ground is now a cashless ground for 2021, so please make sure you bring a suitable method of payment for your visit.
Leaving the Ground:
At the conclusion of the day’s play, we ask spectators to leave the ground in a safe and patient manner. Stewards will be on hand to help direct you safely out of the ground.
We hope you have an enjoyable visit to The Cloudfm County Ground and further information regarding the match, including squad announcements and a full match preview will be available on essexcricket.org.uk ahead of the match.
Get in touch with us by email if you have any further questions at [email protected] or via the Club’s official Twitter and Facebook channels.