In the weeks building up to Christmas, Essex Cricket will be supporting the Trussell Trust to provide help for people within our community who are experiencing crisis during an often difficult time of the year.
Our support for the Chelmsford Food Bank started during lockdown and we’re pleased to announce that we will once again be collecting provisions at The Cloudfm County Ground over the three weekends leading up to Christmas.
We are calling on Members, supporters and local residents to donate what they can during these difficult times. Chelmsford Food Bank is understandably experiencing high demand for food and basic amenities and has separated items into urgently needed and regularly needed categories.
Donations are being collected on thee following dates/times:
Allen Ford Graham Gooch Cricket Centre
• Saturday 4 / 11 December, 9am-6pm
• Sunday 5 / 12 December, 9am-6pm
Essex Cricket Store
• Mid-week until Friday 17 December
• Saturday 18 December, 10am-2pm
• Sunday 19 December, 10am-2pm
• Donations are also welcome on Monday – Friday and can be dropped off at The Essex Cricket Store between 9am-5pm.
Festive Shopping List Items:
• UHT milk
• Tinned ham
• Minced pies
• Fruit squash
• Chocolate log
• Tinned salmon
• Tinned custard
• Christmas cake
• UHT fruit juices
• Boxes of biscuits
• Christmas pudding
• Chocolate selection boxes
Other Regularly Needed Items:
• Tins or packets of custards
• Shower gel
• Multipack snacks
Thank you for your support during these testing times and your donations will go a long way to helping those in need.