The Cloud County Ground welcomes World Test Champions, New Zealand on Thursday for four days of red-ball cricket against a First-Class County Select XI.
The match is a chance to watch the Blackcaps in action before their opening Test match against England at Lord’s and they will be coming up against a strong county side, which includes Dom Sibley, Ollie Robinson and Essex’s own, Jamie Porter.
Gates Opening Times:
From 10am via the Main Entrance on New Writtle Street or the Tees River Gate which is the closest entrance from Chelmsford City Centre and Chelmsford Bus/Train Stations.
Scheduled Hours of Play:
Toss (Day One): 10:30am
Morning Session: 11am-1pm
Afternoon Session: 1:40pm-3:40pm
Evening Session: 4pm-6pm
Scheduled Close of Play: 6pm
Members Entry & Matchday Tickets:
This match is part of the 2022 Membership however a match ticket must be applied for ahead of each day’s play. This can be done online, by phone (01245 254010) or in person at The Cloud County Ground.
Tickets are available to purchase in advance of the match, priced at £15 Adults, £10 Students/Young Adults (18-25) and £5 Juniors (U18s).
These can be bought online via the following link or alternatively by phone (01245 254010)/in person at The Cloud County Ground.
Tickets will also be available on the gates from 10am each day and this is strictly card sales only.
The Cloud County Ground is a cashless ground, which includes purchasing tickets on the gates, scorecards on the gates, and on food and drink purchases in the concourse areas. Find out more – here
Please note that the Essex Cricket Store is the only location on-site which accepts cash payments.
Scorecards will be available using contactless payment on the entry gates priced at £1, however cash sales will be accepted in the Essex Cricket Store if required.
Spaces are located at The Cloud County Ground and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Accessible seating can be found in the Hayes Close End of the ground with a wheelchair-accessible platform located in Block One of the Tom Pearce Stand.
Carers can enter the ground on a companion ticket which is free of charge. This is upon the presentation in the Membership & Ticketing Office or on the gate with proof of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) or Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for people under 16 years old.
We can also accept a Blue Badge and Access card.
Wheelchair accessible toilets are located behind the main scorecard (Red Area), rear of the Doug Insole Pavilion (Blue Area) and adjacent to Block 25 at County Corner (Green Area).
Ahead of Your Visit:
We want to make sure supporters are all set ahead of visiting the ground. COVID-19 safety measures have been removed for the 2022 season but spectators are welcome to wear facemasks in the seated areas and whilst walking around the concourse if they choose.
In the event of adverse weather conditions on the day of the match, please keep up to date with the prospects of play via the Club’s Twitter and Facebook channels or from our automated phone line on 01245 254049.
• Please plan your journey ahead of your visit due to the RideLondon event taking place in Chelmsford, taking place from Friday 27 to Sunday 29 May 2022. For further information on road closures, visit the RideLondon website.
• Spectators travelling by car will need to locate a public car park in the proximity of the ground as there is no parking available on-site at The Cloud County Ground.
• The High Chelmer multi-storey will be open across all four days and closes at 10pm on Thursday-Saturday and 6pm on Sunday.
• Meteor Way will be open for Members and open three hours before the start of play and on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Chelmsford Bus Station is situated on Duke Street, next to Chelmsford Train Station, with connections to all over the County. Alternatively, bus numbers 42 and 100 operated by First Group stop on New London Road, which is approximately a two-minute walk to the Ground, via New Writtle Street.
• Chelmsford Railway Station is operated by Greater Anglia and is an approximate 10-minute walk from The Cloud County Ground. Regular direct train services depart from Chelmsford to London, Stratford, Shenfield, Romford, Colchester, Ipswich and Norwich. Chelmsford is situated on the Liverpool Street to Norwich mainline.
Spectators are able to enter the ground via the Main Gate located on New Writtle Street or through the Tees River Gate.
• The Doug Insole Pavilion will not be available for Members over the four days due to an increased players’ area, however, the Woodland Group Premier Marquee will be open to Members as an alternative seated area. Please note that hot food will not be served in the facility for this match.
• Members are required to pre-book a match ticket and entry will not be permitted using Membership cards for this match. Please make sure you have applied for a match ticket for the chosen day’s play to avoid delays at the ground on the day.
• Due to the position of the wicket, Blocks 10-12 and 27 & 28 will be closed or part closed for the duration of the match.
• We encourage Members to arrive in plenty of time to secure a seat as all seating for this game are Unallocated and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
• The Members’ seated areas are located in the Woodland Group Premier Marquee, Tom Pearce Stand, and Areas 1-14 in the River End of the ground. Members are also welcome to sit in Block 30 & 31, which is accessible via the Hayes Close Gate.
General Public Seating:
• Supporters who have purchased tickets can enter the ground by scanning the QR on your tickets that has been sent to you via email following your purchase. If you choose to print out your ticket, please ensure that the match details (including name and seat details) are included as per the image below. Make sure you have your match ticket available on your phone or printed out so it is easily accessible for ticket scanning on arrival. Please do not take a ‘screen grab’ of your QR code as that will not be read by the scanners.
• Ticket holders for this game are welcome to sit in the Unallocated Areas numbered 15-26, which includes covered seating in Areas 22-24.
• In the event of rain forecast on the day of the match, spectators can bring a small umbrella into the ground but metal spiked umbrellas are not permitted.
Around the Ground:
• Spectators are permitted to move behind the Doug Insole Pavilion but please respect the players’ area and walkway.
• The Club Store and Membership & Ticketing Office will be open for spectators during the regular opening hours: Thursday: 9am-5:30pm
Friday: 9am-5:30pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm and Sunday: 10am-2pm.
• If you experience any anti-social or discriminatory behaviour during your visit to The Cloud County Ground then, please contact your nearest steward. Alternatively, you can email [email protected]
Food & Drink:
• Anne’s Pantry will be offering a choice of home-cooked meals, cakes/snacks, and drinks from their refreshment kiosks located in the Hayes Close End and River End.
They will be serving a range of meals suitable for all dietary requirements including vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free and gluten-free, as well as children’s portions.
Please note that the Woodland Group Premier Marquee will not be serving hot meals for this fixture.
• Other refreshment kiosks include bar areas located at either end of the ground in County Corner and Spinner’s Bar.
• Spectators can bring food and drink into the ground for this fixture. A limit of four cans of beer/lager or one bottle of wine per person but there’s strictly no glass or sharp objects permitted into the ground.
• Please note that The Cloud County Ground is now a cashless ground for 2022, so please make sure you bring a suitable method of payment for your visit.
Leaving the Ground:
At the conclusion of the day’s play, we ask spectators to leave the ground in a safe and patient manner. Stewards will be on hand to help direct you safely out of the ground.
We hope you have an enjoyable visit to The Cloud County Ground and a live stream of the match will be available on essexcricket.org.uk.
Get in touch with us by email if you have any further questions at [email protected] or via the Club’s official Twitter and Facebook channels.
Watch The Action On the Move
Our Live Stream returns for the 2022 season with multi-angled ball tracking, replays and our in-house commentary team. Head to the Essex Cricket Matchzone to watch the action live ahead of the toss on Day One, plus view an interactive scorecard, stats and individual match clips.