Join us for one final Friday night of Blast for the 2022 season as the Eagles take on Surrey with all eyes now on who can fill the Quarter-Final spots.
Gates Opening Times:
From 5pm via the Main Entrance on New Writtle Street or the Tees River Gate which is the closest entrance from Chelmsford City Centre and Chelmsford Bus/Train Stations.
Scheduled Hours of Play:
First Innings: 7:00pm – 8:15pm
Interval: 8:15pm – 8:30pm
Second Innings: 8:30pm – 9:45pm
Ticket’s for Friday night’s game have sold out, however limited availability remains for the Eagles final group stage fixture against Glamorgan on Saturday 02 July.
Supporters will not be able to purchase tickets on the gate, therefore, we encourage supporters to purchase tickets in advance of the game via our ticketing site with tickets available from £25 for Adults, £20 Students/Young Adults (18-25) and £10 Juniors (U18s).
These can be bought online via the following link or alternatively by phone (01245 254010).
The Cloud County Ground is a cashless ground, which includes all food and drink purchases in the Doug Insole Pavilion and concourse areas. Find out more – here
Please note that the Essex Cricket Store is the only location on-site which accepts cash payments.
Spaces are located at The Cloud County Ground and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Accessible seating is located in the Hayes Close End of the ground with a wheelchair-accessible platform located in Block One of the Tom Pearce Stand.
Carers can enter the ground on a companion ticket which is free of charge and must be arranged in advance. This is upon the presentation in the Membership & Ticketing Office or on the gate with proof of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) or Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for people under 16 years old.
We can also accept a Blue Badge and Access card.
Wheelchair accessible toilets are located behind the main scoreboard (Red Area), rear of the Doug Insole Pavilion (Blue Area) and adjacent to Block 25 at County Corner (Green Area).
Ahead of Your Visit:
We want to make sure supporters are all set ahead of visiting the ground. COVID-19 safety measures have been removed for the 2022 season but spectators are welcome to wear facemasks in the seated areas and whilst walking around the concourse if they choose.
In the event of adverse weather conditions on the day of the match, please keep up to date with the prospects of play via the Club’s Twitter and Facebook channels or from our automated phone line on 01245 254049.
• Spectators travelling by car will need to locate a public car park in the proximity of the ground as there is no parking available on-site at The Cloud County Ground.
• The High Chelmer multi-storey will be open and closes at 11pm on weekday and Saturday fixtures and 7pm on Sunday 19 June.
• Meteor Way will be open for Members and open three hours before the start of play and on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Chelmsford Bus Station is situated on Duke Street, next to Chelmsford Train Station, with connections to all over the County. Alternatively, bus numbers 42 and 100, which are operated by First Group, stop on New London Road, which is approximately a two-minute walk to the Ground, via New Writtle Street.
• Chelmsford Railway Station is operated by Greater Anglia and is an approximate 10-minute walk from The Cloud County Ground. Regular direct train services depart from Chelmsford to London, Stratford, Shenfield, Romford, Colchester, Ipswich and Norwich. Chelmsford is situated on the Liverpool Street to Norwich mainline.
Spectators are able to enter the ground via the Main Gate located on New Writtle Street or through the Tees River Gate. Please enter through the gate nearest your seat location.
• The Doug Insole Pavilion is open for Members upon the presentation of a valid Membership card and accessible by entering the ground through the Main Gate.
General Public Seating:
• Supporters who have purchased tickets can enter the ground by scanning the QR on your tickets that has been sent to you via email following your purchase. If you choose to print out your ticket, please ensure that the match details (including name and seat details) are included as per the image below. Make sure you have your match ticket available on your phone or printed out so it is easily accessible for ticket scanning on arrival. Please do not take a ‘screen grab’ of your QR code as that will not be read by the scanners.
• The Eagles Area is unallocated and seats are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
• In the event of rain forecast on the day of the match, spectators can bring a small umbrella into the ground but metal spiked umbrellas are not permitted.
Around the Ground:
• Spectators are not permitted to enter the field of play during a T20.
• Spectators are permitted to move behind the Doug Insole Pavilion but please respect the players’ area and walkway.
• The Club Store and Membership & Ticketing Office will be open for spectators for the duration of your visit. Scorecards will be available from the Club Store for £1 which can be paid for with either cash or card. The Club Store will also be running special discounts for each home Vitality Blast fixture, details will be communicated over the PA on the day of the game.
• If you experience any anti-social or discriminatory behaviour during your visit to The Cloud County Ground then, please contact your nearest steward. Alternatively, you can email [email protected] or text ‘RESPECT’ including your stand and issue to 60066.
Essex Cricket Supporting Pride:
During Friday evenings fixture against Surrey, Essex Cricket will be showing support for Pride. In attendance at the game will be Chair of Essex Pride, Garry Ormes, who will be holding a stand to talk to supporters about the work Essex Pride does within the LGBT+ community. Find out more here.
Food & Drink:
• The Doug Insole Pavilion will be welcoming Members through its doors and serving a wide range of hot and cold drinks from the bar. A choice of snacks will also be available to purchase.
• Anne’s Pantry will be offering a choice of home-cooked meals, cakes/snacks, and drinks from their refreshment kiosks located in the Hayes Close End, River End and will also be operating a Food Court outside the Essex Cricket Club Store.
They will be serving a range of meals suitable for all dietary requirements including vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free and gluten-free, as well as children’s portions.
• Other refreshment kiosks include bar areas located at either end of the ground in County Corner and Spinner’s Bar.
• Spectators can bring food and non-alcoholic beverages, provided they in plastic bottles.
• Please note that The Cloud County Ground is now a cashless ground for 2022, so please make sure you bring a suitable method of payment for your visit.
Leaving the Ground:
At the conclusion of the game, we ask spectators to leave the ground in a safe and patient manner. Stewards will be on hand to help direct you safely out of the ground.
We hope you have an enjoyable visit to The Cloud County Ground and further information regarding the match, including squad announcements and a full match preview will be available on essexcricket.org.uk ahead of the match.
Get in touch with us by email if you have any further questions at [email protected] or via the Club’s official Twitter and Facebook channels.
Watch The Action On the Move
Our T20 Live Stream returns for the 2022 season with multi-angled ball tracking, replays and an in-house commentary team consisting of presenters and past-players. Head to the Essex Cricket Matchzone to watch the action live ahead of the toss on Day One, plus view an interactive scorecard, stats and individual match clips.
Law Changes for 2022:
A number of new cricket rules have been introduced for the professional game in 2022, which can be viewed here