Academy Squad 2017-2018
Benjamin Allison, Alex Agedah, William Buttleman, Robin Das, Alan Jones, Eshan Kalley, Joshua Rymell, Rahul Sheemar & Sean Sullivan.
Fixtures & Results
You can view the Academy fixtures & results by clicking here.
Identifying and developing the next generation of Essex Cricketers
Graham Gooch Essex Cricket Academy Objectives;
• To create and maintain an oversupply of cricketers that are equipped to perform for Essex CCC and England.
• To develop players that are fit, robust and mentally strong enough to cope with the demands and pressures of professional cricket.
• To develop players who become highly skilled match winners that put the team first.
• To provide a high level of support to allow players to move into other career options if cricket is not the path they choose, not everyone will become professional cricketers.
Developing home grown players is a key philosophy that runs through the club. The Club is very proud of the number of players who have come through the Essex CCC pathway to help win the 2017 County Championship. The Graham Gooch Essex Cricket Academy gained accreditation from the ECB in 2001/2 and since that time has developed into one of the best Academies in the Country. Currently the Essex Academy has produced 22 professional players, 16 of these have represented England U19’s and 7 have played for England Lions. Along with Alastair Cook, Tom Westley, Reece Topley and Tymal Mills, who have represented the full England team in either Test, one-day or T20 format. The Academy programme, which is underpinned by a strong Emerging Players group, is a vital part of the pathway to develop players for the rigours of professional cricket.
We have also developed a multiple-entry point pathway, allowing players who develop later to come into the system at various stages. Through a trusted network of scouts, the Head Scout leads the search to identify new or improved talent. The pathway also has a strong relationship supporting and working with our local Minor Counties helping them develop elite cricketers.
Our focus is to deliver a high quality programme which is specifically designed for the individual offering;
• Induction outlining the programme
• Technical and tactical coaching
• Planned match programme
• Sports psychology coaching
• Strength and conditioning programmes
• Physio support
• Medical cover
• Individual player development reviews
• PCA Development and Welfare support
• Education support
Understanding the Pathway
View Essex County Cricket Club – Anti-Bullying Policy
View Essex County Cricket Club – Changing Rooms and Showering Facilities Policy
View Essex County Cricket Club – Junior Players in Open Age Group Cricket Information
View Essex County Cricket Club – Missing Children Guidelines
View Essex County Cricket Club – Photography and Video Camera Policy
View Essex County Cricket Club – Safeguarding Policy
View Essex County Cricket Club – Social Media Guidelines
View Essex County Cricket Club – Transport to and from Matches and Training Guidelines