Purchase of Membership
1. By purchasing a Membership of Essex County Cricket Club you are agreeing to adhere to all ground regulations (see below) and stipulations introduced by the Club.
2. A valid Membership Card must be produced to gain access to all games included as part of Membership and for admittance to the AGM and Members’ events.
3. In the event of a Member arriving at ‘The Ground’ (The Cloudfm County Ground, Chelmsford) without a valid Membership card, the Management reserves the right to charge a £1 administration fee to produce a ticket to gain entry.
4. The Management reserves the right to charge a £5 administration fee to replace any lost Membership Card.
5. Memberships are non-refundable and run from purchase date (or 1 January when purchased before the season begins) until 31 December of the same year of purchase.
6. Purchase of Membership does not guarantee parking at The Cloudfm County Ground on any matchday or non-matchday.
Purchase of Match Tickets
1. By purchasing a ticket you are agreeing to adhere to all ground regulations (see below) and stipulations introduced by Essex County Cricket Club.
2. Concessionary ticket holders may be asked to provide proof of status on production of ticket. Junior tickets are issued to those aged 17 and under, Young Adult/Student tickets are issued to those aged between 18 and 25 (inclusive) or those in full-time education (on production of a valid NUS card). All age dependent ticket categories apply to the ticket holders age on the date of the said game. Disabled supporters in receipt of medium to high Personal Independence Payment (PIP) are entitled to a free companion ticket(s) where necessary. Anyone found to be using a Concessionary ticket unjustly to gain entry to The Cloudfm County Ground will be denied admittance or ejected from the ground with no refund given.
3. In the event of any match ticket being lost, misplaced or damaged, the management reserves the right to charge a £5 administration fee to produce a duplicate ticket.
4. All Tickets and Memberships are non-refundable from date of purchase. Essex County Cricket Club will exchange any match ticket, provided a written cancellation and the original ticket(s) are received within 7 working days of the original order. If purchased less than 7 days prior to the match date, ticket exchanges are available at the discretion of the management no later than 72 hours before the start of the match.
4.1. Wet Weather Policy for County Championship and Limited Overs Tickets (not including Twenty20; see 4.2 for details): Refund of admission charges will not be made, unless otherwise advised at the time of ticket purchase. In certain circumstances, and at the discretion of the management of the Club, rain check tickets may be issued in the event of there being very little play on any one day. Some matches, under the jurisdiction of the England and Wales Cricket Board, may be covered by ‘Rain Check Schemes’. Listen to announcements at the ground or visit www.essexcricket.org.uk as details of any games affected will be listed.
4.2. Wet Weather Policy for Twenty20 Tickets: If due to adverse weather conditions, 10 completed overs play or less is possible on the day of the match and the match has not been completed or a result obtained, Essex County Cricket Club will exchange any ticket purchased to a future NatWest T20 Blast fixture at The Cloudfm County Ground (subject to availability) or refund the value paid on any ticket purchased either to the Customer’s ‘On Account balance’ or to the relevant payment method, less £2.00 administration charge per application (Season Tickets holders would be refunded the Season Ticket value divided across seven games and not neccessarily the price displayed on an individual ticket) provided that this ticket is valid for the match that has been lost. This refund also applies to allocated and unallocated seats purchased in advance by Members of Essex County Cricket Club. Refund/exchange applications must be received within 28 days of the original fixture date.
4.3. Wet Weather Policy for Tourist Matches: If due to adverse weather conditions, 10 completed overs play or less is possible of the day’s play and the match has not been completed or a result obtained, Essex County Cricket Club will exchange any ticket purchased to a day’s play for any future tourist game, up to and including the same value, at The Cloudfm County Ground (subject to availability) or refund the face value of the ticket purchased (less £2.00 administration charge per application) provided that this ticket is valid for the days play that has been lost. This refund also applies to allocated and unallocated seats purchased in advance by Members of Essex County Cricket Club. Refund/exchange applications must be received within 28 days of the original fixture date.
5. Ticket offers are subject to availability. Offers are not available on Members’ tickets which are already heavily discounted. To qualify for an offer tickets must be purchased in the same transaction. Offers are not applicable retrospectively. If there is no play on any day the ticket will be subject to point 4 above.
The Cloudfm County Ground – Ground Regulations
1. All matches are played in accordance with the rules and regulations of the England and Wales Cricket Board. The Ground Regulations apply to all Essex First Team home venues.
2. Play cannot be guaranteed on any day.
3. Refund of admission charges will not be made, unless otherwise advised at the time of ticket purchase. In certain circumstances and at the discretion of the management of the Club, rain check tickets may be issued in the event of there being very little play on any one day. Some matches, under the jurisdiction of the England and Wales Cricket Board, may be covered by ‘Rain Check Schemes’, details of which will be printed on the admission ticket.
4. All persons entering the ground shall have both paid for admission and received an appropriate ticket or be in possession of a currently valid membership card, appropriate complimentary ticket or pass.
5. Admission and the right to remain in the ground is strictly on the condition that spectators shall not commit any of the following acts:
- Failing to comply with the directions given by a member of the ground authority including, but not limited to, stewards, security staff and Police Officers
- Going onto the playing area at any time or interfering with the normal course of play in any manner. (On some match-days, spectators may walk on the outfield or play using soft balls during the lunch and tea intervals)
- Throwing or discharging missiles
- Obstructing any gangway, passageway, or alleyway
- Climbing on any building, wall or fence
- Defacing or obscuring any notice or advertisement displayed within the Club premises
- Interfering in any way with the comfort, enjoyment or safety of spectators or players, including:
- Singing indecent or racist songs, or using indecent or racist language, or making indecent or racist gestures.
- Making unnecessary noise such as that from the use of radios, whistles, bells, cans or persistent chanting, in any part of the ground
- Unreasonably obstructing the view of other spectators
- Offering for sale on the ground any newspapers, periodicals, or any other articles without the express permission of the Club management.
- Carrying offensive weapons of any kind.
- Causing damage to, including writing upon, any of the Club’s premises.
- Use a mobile phone or any other device for transmitting match information for improper betting, corrupt or illegal purposes.
6. The Club reserves the right to:
- Close bars at any time and restrict the consumption of alcohol
- Refuse admission to any person
- Limit the importation of alcohol into the ground to four cans of beer or lager or one bottle of wine per person (glass bottles must be decanted into a seperate vessel) except as provided for in regulation 7. This is at management’s discretion.
7. The importation of alcohol is banned for all domestic Twenty20 matches.
8. Glass bottles & glass drinking vessels must not be brought into the ground. a) The Family Stand (block 22) is a designated alcohol free area, for all Twenty20 matches.
9. During the hours of play, radios may only be used with earpieces or headphones.
10. Mobile telephones must not be used in seated areas of the ground.
11. Essex County Cricket Club accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to property or injury to persons whilst on the Club’s premises.
12. It is not permissible to add to the height of a seat on the ground by using any method which obstructs the view of those seated behind (this includes the practice of stacking chairs).
13. The reserving of seats for friends not on the ground is not within the spirit of fair play to fellow spectators. All visitors are therefore asked to show consideration for others in not blocking more than one seat for this purpose and the Club reserves the right to remove items ‘reserving’ such seats.
14. To comply with The Health Act 2006 Essex County Cricket Club has adopted a smoking ban in all stands, seated areas, enclosed areas, buildings, doorways, staircases and all food & drink dispensing areas. Smoking will only be permitted in other areas of the ground (i.e. pathways & car park). This includes all forms of electronic smoke simulation.
15. Spectators are not allowed on the outfield, at any time, during Twenty20, tourist and televised matches. This is at management’s discretion.
Filming, photography and broadcasting takes place during events at the ground. All persons at the ground give their express consent to the use of their actual or simulated likeness and voice in connection with the production, exploitation and advertising of the event without compensation or credit, throughout the world.
Guide dogs and Seeing Eye dogs are welcome throughout The Cloudfm County Ground. Small dogs are welcome in the Hayes Close End only and are to be kept on a lead at all times.
Ticket holders and Members should be mindful of personal safety during practice sessions and matches.
The above regulations are issued alongside ECB regulations and guidelines
THE GROUND AUTHORITY, STEWARDS, SECURITY STAFF OR POLICE WILL ASK ANY OFFENDER CONTRAVENING THE GROUND REGULATIONS TO LEAVE THE GROUND AND THEY WILL NOT BE RE-ADMITTED AND COULD BE LIABLE FOR PROSECUTION.
Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions via social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), through the website or email communication, the Club will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
1. To enter a competition you must be: (a) UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
2. Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Essex Cricket
3. Only one entry per person.
4. If you win a competition, we will notify you by email, or social media if you entered the competition on a social media platform, within 48 working hours of the closing date. if you do not respond within 48 hours of being notified, you will forfeit your prize and Essex Cricket reserves the right to choose another winner. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
6. Essex Cricket will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery.
Premier Suite – Facility Regulations 2017
1. An Annual Premier Suite Membership may only be purchased by a Member of Essex County Cricket Club and is valid only at The Cloudfm County Ground.
2. Premier Suite Membership entitles entrance to the Premier Suite facility at The Cloudfm County Ground, without further payment, for all Essex First Team home fixtures, with the exception of Twenty20 matches. Use of the facility on all other matches at The Cloudfm County Ground is at the discretion of the Club. On the occasion of Essex First Team home fixtures being held at outgrounds, the Club cannot guarantee the use of an equivalent facility.
3. Premier Suite Members may gain admission to the Suite on Twenty20 fixtures held at The Cloudfm County Ground upon production of the relevant Members’ (Unallocated) ticket. Tickets for these fixtures should be purchased at least two hours before gates open (gate times for Twenty20 are generally two hours before start of play). Tickets purchased are subject to availability and we strongly advise purchase in advance to facilitate tickets sent via post. All ticket purchases are subject to availability.
4. The Club reserves the right to utilise the Suite on matchdays and non-matchdays at its discretion.
5. Ten parking spaces will be made available at all non-televised Essex First Team home fixtures at The Cloudfm County Ground for Premier Suite Members on a first come, first served basis. Parking spaces on all other matches at The Cloudfm County Ground are at the discretion of the Club. Spaces cannot be reserved. The position of these spaces is subject to change due to other matchday activities.
6. Premier Suite Members’ passes/day passes must be displayed at all times. The Steward has the right to refuse admission if the correct pass is not displayed.
7. Premier Suite Members may be accompanied by a guest(s) at any match upon payment of the appropriate match ticket and upgrade;
- County Championship = a maximum of 4 non-member guests
- One-Day Cup (group stage) = a maximum of 2 non-member guests
- T20 Blast = a maximum of 1 non-member guest
- Tourist = at the discretion of the Club (at least 1 non-member guest)
These stipulations do not apply to ‘Hospitality’ guest passes.
8. Premier Suite Members’ passes are fully transferable to other members of the Club at no additional charge, and to non-Members provided that the appropriate ground entry charge has been paid. Members wishing to transfer their Membership should contact the Membership & Ticketing Office in advance to make arrangements.
9. Any Member of Essex County Cricket Club may purchase a ‘Day Pass’ to the Premier Suite. Non-Members can purchase a day pass at the discretion of the club and must also pay the appropriate ground entry charge. Day passes and tickets are subject to availability.
10. The dress code is smart casual. Jacket and tie for men is preferable. Please note that jeans, shorts, T-shirts and training shoes are not permitted for County Championship, One-Day Cup or tourist games. Smart tailored shorts are acceptable dress on Twenty20 games during hot weather. Any Premier Suite Member, guest or day pass holder who is inappropriately dressed will be refused entry to the Suite.
11. Premier Suite Members, guests and day pass holders are expected to behave in a way so as to not disturb others using the Facility. Any breach of this rule may cause the offender to be removed from the Suite after a suitable warning. It is not acceptable for Members, guests or day pass holders to stand for any length of time on the balcony, use electronic devices for sustained periods or play cards in the Suite.
12. The use of mobile telephones in the Suite or balcony is allowed if devices are kept on silent and calls are not made or taken during play.
13. Only food and drink purchased within the Premier Suite facility may be consumed in the Suite or on the balcony. From time to time this rule will be amended at the discretion of the Club. The Premier Suite bar will close 15 minutes after the last ball is bowled with the facility closing 30 minutes after the last ball is bowled. The Management reserve the right to amend these times.
14. Although every effort will be made to accommodate pass holders’ catering requirements, only bookings confirmed with the caterer in advance of the matchday can be guaranteed. You are strongly advised to pre-book meals via the Membership & Ticketing Office.
15. The Premier Suite facility is intended for the use of Adults. Juniors (17 and under) using the facility are expected to act accordingly. Premier Suite Members can bring Juniors into the facility upon purchase of the relevant match ticket and upgrade (see point 3). Please note that Juniors must be accompanied by an Adult at all times in the Premier Suite.
16. Smoking, including the use of electronic/vapour cigarettes, is not permitted in the Suite, on the staircase or on the balcony. Designated smoking areas around The Cloudfm County Ground are indicated by the presence of a red cigarette bin.
17. Communication from Essex County Cricket Club to Premier Suite Members will be via email wherever possible and Members are urged to update the Membership & Ticketing Office of any changes. Important information will also be posted on the noticeboard near the entrance of the Premier Suite Facility.
18. Failure to abide by the regulations laid out above may result in a Premier Suite Member, guest or day pass holder being removed from the Facility with no refund. Persistent infringements may result in Premier Suite Membership being revoked with no refund.
For and on behalf of the General Committee of Essex County Cricket Club.